Monday 8 February 2016

THE POOR CALLED MY FATHER POOR




My name is Emmanuel Osereme Ughulu, I am a business man
Married to one wife and blessed with glorious and wonderful children.
Am from Edo sate, Nigeria.
Going back memory lane, it has been good but it has not been easy.
My father’s name is Deacon Sunday Ughulu while my mother’s name
 is blessing Ughulu. We were so poor than even the poor called us poor.
Going through my primary school to tertiary institution was all by the
grace of God.

My father used to be a poor village teacher and he had eleven children.
Looking back at those days now, I give God all the glory, even though
 I am yet to get to where God is taking me.
I was one of the job makers in my village (Those who work from farm to farm)
 and no one ever thought that I will become anything in life but to the glory of
 God the last time I visited my village with my family, people were wondering
 how great the God I serve is.
I attended Emai primary school, Afuze Edo state and St. James Grammar school
Afuze. By the grace of God in my primary school days I never had anything below
3rd position but despite this, my father would always make me repeat classes. His
 excuse was not so genuine but I had no choice I was a boy and could not make
 decisions on my own. I remember in my senior secondary school one, I was the
 best in my class but my father still made me repeat the class, this time, he
said he wanted me to study medicine and so I needed to be well grounded.
 I told him medicine is not in my line and that I am never going to be a doctor.
 It took the intervention of my eldest brother to allow me promote to
 the senior secondary school two. He got angry with my father that he was
wasting my time too much and that all my mates had gone ahead of me.
When I was going to write my Senior Secondary School Examination
 known as WAEC in Nigeria then, I begged my father to change my
school because we did not have teachers for almost all the subjects and
at that time, the students in the school have not been making their papers for 
about five to six years.
My father refused and because I realized he did not have money, I stopped
 pressing him for change of my school.
It was when I got to the senior class two that we had English teacher but God
 helped me through, we were asked to pay a sum of Four Hundred Naira before
the exam for corporation fee. I did not pay but I wrote my Senior Secondary School
 Examination once and I made all my papers except Biology. However, it took the
 intervention of God for me to even be registered for that exam because everyone had
registered and the late registration was almost closing, my poor father, then could not
 pay and no one was willing to lend him money but through the intervention of God,
one of my teachers, Mr. James Igbarumah who said it will be unfair for me not to write
 that exam as one of his best students paid for the exam and asked my father to pay back
 anytime he had the money and how my father paid up till now I do not know. Out of 140
 students only three passed mathematics, English and other subjects and God made me one 
of them.
Fortunately for me I gained admission to the university to study law immediately
after my secondary school through a cousin of mine who was then a magistrate in
 Edo state Nigeria but I rejected it because I felt a Christian could not be a good lawyer.
This is one decision I regret so much because when I finally gained admission to study 
accountancy and I began to read a little about law, I found out that law is the best course
in the whole world and that is why I am begging one of my children to study the course
so that I could at least have one lawyer in my family if God so willing.

My major challenge started when I finished my WAEC, for five good years
 after, I could not pass JAMB. It kept reminding me of the admission I rejected
earlier and I was not unhappy. At a time people started using their money to by
JAMB for me but all was to no avail, admission was not forth coming. Having
 tried for five years, I decided to take part-time course in accountancy at
 Auchi polytechnic where I did my ND and proceeded to Ibadan Polytechnic,
where I completed my course. My eldest brother took over and sponsored me
through school.
He supported me so much that I did not suffer at all. Notwithstanding, I had
 other physical challenges but God saw me through.

MY SALVATION STORY
I was born into a Christian home and my father has been a deacon
in the assemblies of God’s church all along and even at the age of 77years,
he is still the secretary of the church, although that is not where salvation started
from. As I was growing up, my mother, a praying woman who is just a primary
six certificate holder taught me how to recite bible verses and taught me
so many chapters of the bible and that was the beginning of sowing the seed of
salvation in me, I am the 6th of  11 children but my first two eldest ones did not
live with us so I had my immediate elder brother with us who unfortunately
gained admission to the university in year 2000 and died in a car accident. As a
 result of this I became the eldest in the house but never knew my right from left.
 I was trying to do my best but my parents never appreciated anything I did so
 I decided to deal with them but one day my father called me and talked sense
Into my head. He said by making my mother cried every day,
I was only proving that the dead was better than the living which meant that my
 late brother was better than me and I should have died instead of my brother.
Immediately, I apologized to my mother and told her that I am just a child and I
needed her to appreciate anything I did for her. She then handed me over to
Deacon
Obihu, the man who natured and brought me to Christ. I was so stubborn but this
 man stepped me down and told me why I will do myself a lot of good by giving
God a chance in my life. I confessed Jesus and I had an encounter with Him.
One moment I regret most in life was that when I made my father labour in vain
For a whole year. He did rice plantation and we the children helped him out in the
farm work. We would have woken up as early as 3:am in the morning going into
 the thick forest where his farm was but despite all, he will complain that we were
 not doing anything for him so this particular day, he asked us to be at the farm to
 protect the rice from being eaten up by birds but I and my younger ones sat and
watched the birds devour the whole rice plantation. I thank God I belong to the
 kingdom now and he has forgiven me.
I have many other testimonies but those that I will never forget was the narrow
escape from death that God gave to me when I had an accident in year 2000.
I jumped down from a fast moving vehicle and for months I could not do
anything but here I am today to the glory of God. Another one was the delivery
of my first child, when the nurses and the doctors had concluded that her service
was not opening and that she will have to go through operation. I cried out to God
 that I did not want my wife to deliver through operation and God
 proved Himself.
 When the nurses where saying she was at 3cm not normal for delivery,
 she delivered and that made my first child WONDERS which is
her name. For all that I have been and will ever be, I give all the glory
 to God.

 I want to tell everyone that rulesland.blogspot.com is a place to be,
it is a place to celebrate Jesus and show forth his works in your life. Remember
when Hannah gave all the glory to God, God gave her additional six children,
I encourage everyone to make it a duty to share their testimonies,  

HAVE YOU BEEN BLESSED BY THIS TESTIMONY, SEND YOURS LET ME SHARE IT AND ENCOURAGE SOMEONE THAT NO HOPE IS LOST IN LIFE. MAIL ME AT RULESLAND@GMAIL.COM.

2 comments: